Sunday, August 5, 2012

High Five

Happy Sunday everyone! Today I enjoyed an incredibly relaxing day at home. The first of its kind in a long while if I do say so myself. I thought I would post five things, in no particular order, that I really enjoyed from this past week in keeping with the carefree theme of the day.

#1 Friday Treats. Every Friday, someone on the staff signs up to bring in treats for everyone in the teacher's lounge. I love that my school and its staff feels like a real community. Last Friday we had a lovely spread of bagels and different flavored cream cheeses. I signed up to bring a little something in a couple weeks. :)

#2 Picklebacks. A shot of whiskey chased with pickle juice. It sounds disgusting I know, but I tried one last week and I not-so-secretly-anymore loved it.

#3 Driving stick. I've always wanted to learn to drive a standard but was really intimidated by even the thought of it. Well, I am intimidated by it no more! Over the weekend, my boyfriend decided to teach me how to drive his car. Oh my goodness, it was such an embarrassing yet humbling experience. Figuring out the sweet spot on the clutch and balancing it with giving the car enough gas resulted in many, many stalls. The worst of which was when I was driving on an actual main street and had to stick my hand out the window to signal all the cars behind me to pass. I'm pretty sure I beat the poor car's engine to a pulp, but I did eventually start to get the hang of it. I'm light-years away from driving my boyfriend's car on my own but it just goes to show, anything can be learned with some encouragement and a great teacher!

#4 Cake. No, not the kind you eat. I had never heard of the band Cake before this weekend (apparently I've been living under a rock all these years?) but they were awesome! I wasn't a fan when my boyfriend played a couple of their songs for me earlier in the week, but they were so good live! It was really refreshing to know that good live music still exists. I'll take Cake over a piece of 3.14 any day.

#5 Moving to North Park. I am so excited to be moving to North Park at the start of September! The lease got signed today and I can't wait to spend time at the local Farmer's Market and explore all the wonderful things North Park has to offer, especially its food scene!

I hope everyone has a great week! I like reflecting back on my week and picking out things that made it extra special. Maybe I'll make this a weekly habit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment