Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fashionate About Teaching

Hello Friends,

I hope everyone enjoyed their New Year festivities and is looking forward to a great year! For my first post of the new year, I'm featuring another simple teacher outfit. Since I'm vacationing in LA, I decided to take advantage of the city and use it as a scenic backdrop for my photos.


The Look: For this outfit, I paired a simple blue shirt (love the pockets) with a zig-zag patterned skirt. Sometimes I like to wear slightly looser tops to work because it gives me a bit more mobility. For example, if I know I'm doing a big arts and crafts project with my kiddos, I'll opt for a top like this one over a standard button-down.



I've found the problem with looser shirts however, is that they can make you feel and look bigger. To negate this camera-adds-five-pounds effect, I accessorize with a belt to bring in the waist.  This particular hand-me-down belt is one of my favorites. It has two unique gold wolf details that actually clip together to secure the belt. I like to pull my shirt out just a little bit over the belt to give me even more of a slimming effect.


For my shoes I wore a pair of kitten heel Mary Janes. I love how versatile these shoes are for my teacher wardrobe. They are surprisingly comfortable, provide me with a little bit of extra height, and go with nearly any outfit. Some women never wear black with brown, but I wear these colors simultaneously all the time! 



Look confident. Feel confident. Be confident!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment