Sunday, September 9, 2012

Kids Say The Darnedest Things

Last Friday, I took advantage of an awesome opportunity to volunteer and be a judge for the K-3 Spelling Bee after school. I was surprised that kindergarteners were allowed to participate, especially this early in the year. Most of my students don't even know their letters yet. As surprising as that was, I was even more surprised at how hilarious some of the answers were.

Judge: Spell 'hat'.
Kinder Contestant: Um, I don't know how to spell hat... but I can spell ball!!

Judge: Spell 'see'.
Kinder Contestant: V... w... x.. y.. Z!?!?!

Gosh, they were so stinking cute! 

First year teacher tip #6 - Show your administration and staff that you care about the entire school and/or community (and not just the students in your classroom) by volunteering your time for various events, school-related or otherwise.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment