Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mud Pie

Hey Everyone,

My name is Tiffany. This is my mud pie. It is my secret.

This week, for a fun introduction to spring and a scaffold for moving into plants and insects, we are learning about mud, more specifically, mud pies! How cute is this introduction for Tiffany's mud pie recipe?!? I absolutely love her writing. If you knew the group I have this year, you'd recognize a certain sincerity beyond that of just being kinder writing that really makes her writing pop. I'll be sharing more about the writing process my students are currently going through to complete their mud pie stories later this week. Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome intro! I feel like I could learn a lot about perceptive, straightforward writing from your students. Kids' writing has this cool sense of wonderment that we "grownups" are missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love her picture too with all the arrows revealing her secret, haha. She wrote such a great follow-up to this piece today!

      Delete